commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject [scxml-eclipse] m2 build in addition to layout
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 18:51:48 GMT
Long,

Thanks for getting started with your project in SVN. I will make a few
comments that will require some moving around in SVN at some point
(not urgent). However, please note that any reorganization in SVN must
use 'svn move' rather than deleting and re-adding files or directories
-- this way we retain history in SVN and avoid remove/add SVN noise.

First comment is that while the directory structure in your project
trunk is close to the m2 (Maven 2) standard, we don't have a m2 build
yet. The projects have been checked in as Eclipse projects. This is
perfectly fine to start with, but at some point we should think about
moving to a multi-module m2 build:

  http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/index.html#How_do_I_build_more_than_one_project_at_once

Here is one example of a Commons component that does multiple modules
(note the parent pom.xml in trunk and the various modules):

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/jci/trunk/

It'd be great to start thinking about adding an m2 build and what that
would entail.

-Rahul