commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ALL] Nexus permission scheme
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 17:00:51 GMT
On 24/05/2010, Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akolkar@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 10:48 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Nexus can be set up to prevent e.g. commons-compress committers from
>  > changing/promoting staged artifacts from commons-jexl or vice versa.
>  >
>  > I think this is not necessary given that commons committers currently
>  > have full access to all of SVN, websites, and the existing Maven forge
>  > on people.
>  >
>  > It would be a lot easier to have the same Nexus permissions for all
>  > commons committers too.
>  >
>  > WDYT?
>  >

> <snip/>
>
>  Yes, easier and better in this case.

It seems that's what the Nexus maintainers expect anyway ...

I've asked if the notification e-mails can be sent to a mailing list
as well as/instead of the originator. These are sent for uploads,
promotions and drops.

If that's possible, I suggest we use dev@commons.
Should not be too much traffic...

Sound OK?