commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: [compress] Last issues before 1.1
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 08:45:53 GMT
On 2010-05-21, Christian Grobmeier wrote:

> ZipArchiveInputStream does not show location in file where a problem occurred
> Seems to be fixed

Agreed (with the "seems to be fixed" part).

> TarArchiveEntry.parseTarHeader() includes the trailing space/NUL when
> parsing the octal
> Suggestion from Sebb available. If a trailing NUL is in the tar specs,
> I wold go for option 2 otherwise 1.

If only there was *the* tar spec.  The best source I know is the FreeBSD
man page
and it says "must end in a space" for 'old archives' and "allows
[numeric fields] to be terminated with either space or NUL".  Similar
rules (slightly twisted for 'old archives') apply to other fields than
size as well, like mode or uid.

I'd go with "insist on a trailing space or NUL".

> JarArchiveEntry does not populate manifestAttributes or certificates
> I undestood this one has been solved in another way from Stefan

If we decided to adopt the patch it would need some additional work to
update the byte count, no biggie but that would delay the release
further.  We could as well move the issue to 1.2.

> Then we can finally go on with C1.1 :-)

Thank you for taking care of it.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: