commons-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ALL] Change deployment override in Commons Parent Pom
Date Fri, 28 May 2010 18:29:40 GMT
The distributionManagement overrides should be removed once Nexus is
being use, as the apache-7.pom defines these.  You want to push
everything to Nexus (except maven sites), so SNAPSHOTs automatically
show up in the snapshot repo and any release artifacts will
automatically go into a staging repo, which you then have to close and
only promote after a vote passes.  The only thing I haven't had
experience with yet, is how to handle ci setups like Hudson, if you want
passing builds to publish snapshots...

As we found out in Geronimo, through our own snapshot publishing and
through depending on ActiveMQ snapshots, once you start using Nexus, you
cannot reliably use both Nexus and scp to p.a.o for artifacts in the
same groupId (sub-project), as the Nexus repo looks at both its snapshot
repo and the old p.a.o snapshots repo when trying to service requests
and gets totally confused (user builds will see failures to download
snapshot artifacts as the unique version on the pom and jars wouldn't
match.)

Also, I'd suggest removing any duplicate pluginManagement settings which
are provided by the parent pom, as that will reduce future maintenance
of your parent pom.

-Donald