commons-dev mailing list archives

From Niall Pemberton <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SITE] Commons-Build plugin commons-mail-page
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 21:27:32 GMT
On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 8:14 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 08/04/2010, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
>> OK I have re-generated and published the latest mailing list pages:
>>
>>  The *commons wide* mailing list page that Sebb's done:
>>
>>     http://commons.apache.org/mail-lists.html
>>
>>     http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/commons-site/trunk/src/site/xdoc/mail-lists.xml
>>

>> An example of a custom mailing list page for a component generated by
>>  the Commons Build Plugin:
>>     http://commons.apache.org/chain/mail-lists.html
>>     http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/chain/trunk/src/site/xdoc/mail-lists.xml
>>
>>  I think both have value and I plan to release the Commons Build Plugin
>>  at the weekend - so if anyone has more feedback or issues/changes for
>>  the component mailing lists then please shout.
>
> As far as I can tell, the mailing list definitions in the
> commons-parent pom are no longer used, so when that is updated to
> change the commons-build-plugin version they should be removed.

I would leave them there because its only unused as long as every
component (including sandbox & dormant) has a mailing list page
generated by commons-build-plugin. If in the future sometime doesn't
do that for a component then at least they get something sensible -
otherwise they're just going to get the default inherited from the
apache parent pom[1]

http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/7/apache-7.pom

> I've removed the mailing-list report and the list defns from the
> commons-site pom as they were not used by commons-site anymore.

+1

Niall