commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rafał Krupiński <r.krupin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [IO] Progress Monitor
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 10:59:02 GMT
On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 7:37 PM, Gary Gregory
<GGregory@seagullsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> We use [io] for our server, which is great, but when looked at using it from our Eclipse
based tools, I found the lack of support for monitoring a blocker.

> What about providing and support and pluggable progress monitor, preferable with the
same features as:

> http://help.eclipse.org/galileo/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/api/org/eclipse/core/runtime/IProgressMonitor.html

I think progress monitoring would be a nice feature, but unless IO
supports copying directories recursively, there's no need for named
tasks and subtasks.
Simple

interface ProgressMonitor{
 void begin(int whole);
 void progress(int current);
 void end();
}

would suffice.
What methods would you add this progress monitor support to?
IOUtils.copy/Large - for sure, anywhere else?

--
Pozdrawiam / Best Regards
Rafal Krupinski