commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [codec][lang] Provide a test jar plus [daemon]
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 04:34:11 GMT
Would love to see this.

I'll go and put the historic Lang ones together if you let me know how
you'd like it to look.

Hen

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 9:16 AM, Gary Gregory
<GGregory@seagullsoftware.com> wrote:
> Seeing the discussion about [daemon] and not releasing made me think of another use for
a test jar file.

> What I would like to know when evaluating an RC for releasing a maintenance of a commons
component (from x.y.n to x.y.n+1) is that there is 100% binary compatibility.

> As part of the build I would run (at least) the 1.0.2 unit tests against the 1.0.3 RC.
If 100% pass all is well, if not, it is either a bug or a known acceptable failure fixing
a bug and should be documented somehow, probably in a ticket.

> This would mean that a release 1.0.3 RC would include foo-test-1.0.2.jar. And maybe also
foo-test-1.0.0.jar and foo-test-1.0.1.jar, hm...

> Thoughts?
>
> Gary Gregory
> Senior Software Engineer
> Seagull Software
> email: ggregory@seagullsoftware.com

I try out a new combo of JVM, OS, jars, etc.