commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SITE] Commons-Build plugin commons-mail-page
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 15:21:52 GMT
On 07/04/2010, Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akolkar@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 11:46 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Here is a sample of the generated output from the new plugin goal:
>  >
>  > http://people.apache.org/~sebb/commons/mail-lists.html
>  >
>  > This was the manually generated page:
>  >
>  > http://people.apache.org/~sebb/commons/mailing-lists.html
>  >
>  > I think there are some items in the manually generated page that could
>  > be copied to the build plugin - any views on that?
>  >

> <snip/>
>
>  Bit of apples and oranges?

Not really

> The former is the [net] page, the latter the Commons site page?

My plan was originally to generate a single page that was linked from
all the sites, so latter would be used for [NET] as well.

Since the lists are shared, it did not seem necessary to have
component-specific pages.

>  Perhaps the former could include info on other prefixes etc. if you
>  really wanted. And we'd need three m2 infra level releases before the
>  changes kick in!

If there is a single shared page, the common site can be updated, and
then all links changed from

http://commons.apache.org/<component>/mail-lists.html
http://commons.apache.org/mail-lists.html

Might be possible to do this with a redirect.