commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brent Worden <brent.wor...@gmail.com>
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 18:33:34 GMT
On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Niall Pemberton
<niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 3:26 AM, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> sebb wrote:

the mailing list and I followed the 'mailing lists' link from the DBCP project without giving
it much thought.  I didn't realize that the dbcp mailing list was shared across all of the
commons projects.

>>> AFAICT, this is true of all the auto-generated mailing list pages,
>>> including the commons-site one.
>>>
>>> So it's not surprising that users often fail to use the appropriate prefix.
>>>
>>> There does not appear to be any way to add any header text to the
>>> mailing list report, nor to change the existing text.
>>
>> Maybe we just need to have commons-build gen a mailing list page
>> that includes the text and replace the maven default.
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=931536
>
> Niall

Would there be any benefit to including a subject with the correct
moniker in the Post URL's?

Thanks,

Brent Worden