commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Release preparation documentation
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 14:45:24 GMT
On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 1:37 AM, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip/>

> I've been deleting desirable goals from the docs :)
>
> I think it's more desirable that they be short, sweet and focused;
> than that they cover all possibilities.

<snap/>

Ideally:
 * half a screen-full's worth recipe on one webpage, no scrolling
 * 2 or 3 commands, maybe some setup gravy around it

The rc profile got me close to the second bullet above (C.1 of [1],
rest is gravy).

The latest release docs are great in terms of their details, I wonder
if they appear daunting to new RMs. Perhaps we need a 5-minute release
guide (that says refer to longer version as needed). And no, I don't
have a patch but I may look into it :-)

-Rahul

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/commons/CreatingReleases