commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r931440 - /commons/proper/lang/tags/LANG_2_5/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang/StringUtils.java
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 22:44:15 GMT
On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 12:46 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks all - sorry for that screwup. :(
>>
>>  I had the 2.5 tag checked out to do analysis for the 2.5 article I
>>  wrote. Screwed up and used the wrong directory for this change.
>
> At the risk of stating the obvious, it's best to use http: (not
> https:) for a read-only copy.
> [Should be slightly quicker to download too.]

Yeah, it's what I get for using copy and paste from the trunk branch
to work out the tag, then switching the export over to a checkout when
I had to start running svn log on a few files to work out where the
code came from.

Generally I use svn export for tags and svn log remotely. Brain farted
and very happy you guys caught it :)

Hen