commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Math] Long class names in user guide
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2010 11:34:00 GMT
Gilles Sadowski wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I noticed that when fully-qualified names are used, the text layout
> sometimes becomes fairly ugly (lines of uneven lengths). We could just refer
> to the short name since it should be a link to the corresponding javadoc
> (where the reader can see the package name).

I agree with you on this.  For context, we should just make sure
that somewhere "nearby" there is a reference to the package.  It was
my laziness in providing that that led to the convention of
including the full path in the links.  That was OK when the package
structure was small and simple; but it is now pretty ugly.  +1 for
shortening the links.

Phil