commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Math] Issue 348
Date Sat, 06 Mar 2010 18:21:39 GMT
Making these immutable will be a real pain as demonstrated by the
over-dispersed exponential example.  In particular, to maintain performance,
it would require that all constructors be arranged to allow injection of a
random number generator.  Management of that would be a nasty code issue.
Better to just allow the parameters to be changed so that a user can ignore
the issue of which PRNG is used.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve