commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <pbened...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lang 3.0 issues remaining
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 18:23:21 GMT
One thing we might want to consider for 3.0 (and it would only be
appropriate in this release or 4.0), is to review exceptions thrown
for illegal null inputs. I bet most throw IAE; should we consider
throwing NPE for them? We did such work with the Validate class. It
would be nice to have a modern consistency in differentiating between
null input and illegal non-null input.