commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dimitri Pourbaix <pourb...@astro.ulb.ac.be>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release math 2.1 based on RC3
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2010 10:54:26 GMT
Jorg,

>> When I was updating SVD, I noticed that parts of the tests were 3.x syntax
>> whereas other 4.x (way easier to use I think).  I would advocate for the
>> generalisation of Junit 4.x tests whenever possible.
>
> Well, I think no one is against this, unless somebody does the work ;-)
> However, this is IMHO no requirement especially now for the release.

I think it becomes a requirement as soon as it causes failure!  If you
think all the 4.x tests fail, we are lacking a requirement to have Junit
4.x present in the building path.

By the way, 'ant clean test' successful on my

Apache Ant version 1.7.0

java version "1.6.0_17"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.3-b01, mixed mode)

Junit 3.8.2-1  and 4.3.1-4

Dim.
Dimitri Pourbaix                         *
Institut d'Astronomie et d'Astrophysique *      Don't worry, be happy
CP 226, office 2.N4.211, building NO     *         and CARPE DIEM.
Universite Libre de Bruxelles            *
Boulevard du Triomphe                    *      Tel : +32-2-650.35.71
  B-1050 Bruxelles                        *      Fax : +32-2-650.42.26
http://sb9.astro.ulb.ac.be/~pourbaix     * mailto:pourbaix@astro.ulb.ac.be