commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Zeigermann <ozeigerm...@apache.org>
Subject Future of Transaction subproject
Date Sun, 28 Mar 2010 09:41:06 GMT
Folks!

While developing the 2.0 version of commons transaction I got stuck on
implementing a usable transactional file system. As I am convinced
this is not possible on top of an ordinary file system I suggest to
retire the project. Although there are other useful parts (as multi
level locking including deadlock detection) the transactional file
system is the main reason people use this library for. As it simply
can not be made fully transactional, it does not work as advertised
and for that reason it should be taken off from Apache commons.

I will not invest more work into the project, but if anyone else is
willing to take this any further please follow up to this post.

Cheers

- Oliver