commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FW: Compress 1.1 release?
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 13:11:21 GMT
On 2010-03-10, Simon Tyler <styler@mimecast.net> wrote:

> Do we have a date yet for the compress 1.1 release?

What Christian said.

> Also, is there time to add a couple of minor feature enhancements? I could
> do with access to the following:

> 1. A public method to check if a ZipArchiveInputStream has a data
> descriptor (e.g. return hasDataDescriptor).

This is a property of the individual entry, not the stream as a whole,
isn't it?  Why would you want to know that (just curious)?  We could
probably make the general purpose flags available and you could look at
bit 3.

> 2. Better handling when ZipArchiveInputStream is used to read such streams.
> Currently it silently fails when this happens when if hits an invalid
> LFH_SIG by returning null.

I'm not sure what you mean, could you describe what happens under what
circumstances in more detail?  I see that the data descriptor isn't read
anywhere and I see that the stream may fail if the data descriptor uses
the "unofficial signature" mentioned in appnote, is this what you mean?

Stefan