commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject [COMPRESS] Jar*Stream COMPRESS-18
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 14:17:55 GMT
Hi,

while investigating an Ant issue I recently had a look at how Harmony
implements JarInputStream and friends.

If we wanted to enable the usual JarEntry fields on top of
ZipArchiveInputStream we'd be forced to re-implement the whole
verification process for signed jars that the class library can already
do for us (in some hidden code we cannot re-use from the outside).

The more I think about this, the more I believe we should make
JarArchiveInputStream use the java.util.jar package rather than extend
ZipArchiveInputStream - this would also mean we'd break the API of 1.0,
though.

Stefan