commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject [compress] Please Review COMPRESS-18
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 17:35:55 GMT
Hi,

I've attached a patch that would fix COMPRESS-18 at the price of
sacrificing backwards compatibility of the jar package to COMPRESS-18.
I'm not sure whether the impact of that change is small enough to allow
the patch in or whether it is not acceptable, that's why I haven't
committed it directly.

The alternative to this patch is to implement the whole jar verification
process ourselves since certificates are only available if a signature
exists and is valid.  This isn't likely to be implemented quickly.

Stefan