commons-dev mailing list archives

From Niall Pemberton <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Replace Commons Site m1 build with m2 version
Date Sat, 13 Mar 2010 17:35:07 GMT
On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2010-03-13 17:58, Niall Pemberton wrote:
as (hopefully) a
we currently have - you can see it
m1 to build the commons site and
the download pages on the
for the current XSLT ant task to
so we have a page showing them[5]
anything.
the old m1 site to this m2 site
please shout or I'll assume people
as "external". I don't
a demo build or whether this
then this needs to be

and

is

>>> With reporting and component-specific navigation removed from
>>> commons-parent, I see that POM having fewer releases going forward.
>>
>> It would still mean an additional pom to release though.
>
> Yes it would.
>
>>> The benefit of this setup is that you get a clear separation between
>>> what is needed for Commons components and other Commons projects.
>>
>> What other commons projects - besides the main site?
>
> commons-build

This is an m1 project, so doesn't apply.

> commons-build-plugin

This is like a component so will always inherit from the same pom as components.

> commons-skin

Skin is just a set of resources - I can't see how this would benefit
at all from inheriting from some *reporting* pom?

Niall