commons-dev mailing list archives

From Niall Pemberton <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] commons-parent-13 problems
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 01:18:19 GMT
On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 5:12 PM, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Niall Pemberton wrote:
>>> I fixed DBCP.  Will look at the others.
>
> Spoke too soon.  DBCP and math are now both broken (using maven
> 2.2.1), giving:
>
> [Fatal Error] configuration_1_1.dtd:1:3: The markup declarations
> contained or pointed to by the document type declaration must be
> well-formed.
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup declarations contained or
> pointed to by the document type declaration must be well-formed.
>        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>        at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
>        at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:124)
>        at
> net.sourceforge.pmd.RuleSetFactory.parseRuleSetNode(RuleSetFactory.java:190)

I suspect this is related to the same problem with the site-plugin -
which I believe is caused by the new version of doxia. We could fix
this by removing the PMD report  - but I think its better to downgrade
the site plugin version and do another release of commons parent.

> I also notice now that as you say below, nothing now works using
> maven 2.0.x.  I use 2.0.10 to build dbcp 1.3.x.

It does now with commons-parent 14-SNAPSHOT which has restored compatibility.

I checkout the DBCP 1.3 branch, changed the DBCP's pom.xml to use
commons-parent 14-SNAPSHOT and ran "site" and "install" using JDK 1.4
and Maven 2.0.11 and ir worked OK. So I think we need to release
commons parent.

>  I can't remember
> why, but I could never get maven 2.1.x to work.

Maven 2.1 isn't recommended:
    http://markmail.org/message/l6tgv2moyy2tvqji
    http://markmail.org/message/5nalngtrjed4zhmt

Niall