commons-dev mailing list archives

From Niall Pemberton <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject [all] commons-parent-13 problems
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 01:42:38 GMT
Unfortunately the upgrade of the maven-site-plugin from 2.0.1 to 2.1
has caused the site generation for Chain, Configuration and DBCP to
now fail. I'm looking into this to see whether its something we can
fix in the components or whether we need to downgrade the site plugin
version.

I have reverted the maven-bundle-plugin version to 1.4.3 and the
maven-remote-resources-plugin to 1.0 (version 1.1 inherited from
apache parent 7) - this restores JDK 1.4 compatibility for "mvn
package/install".

maven-site-plugin 2.1 requires maven 2.1 to run (which AFAIK needs JDK
1.5) - so currently the site won't generate using JDK 1.4 - reverting
to 2.0.1 of the site plugin is required to run under JDK 1.4 - do we
need that?

Also I noticed in the apache parent the following comment for the
maven-javadoc-plugin:
   "NOTE: 2.6.x is generally unusuable due to MJAVADOC-275"
    http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-275

So probably we should revert to 2.5 for the javadoc plugin

Niall