commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Daemon 1.0.3 based on RC2
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 16:43:38 GMT
On 03/16/2010 05:22 PM, sebb wrote:

> The KEYS file is a bit old, but I assume it won't actually be used.
>
> Also, the source/ directory still has the 1.0.2 version in it, which
> confused me a bit.

This has nothing to do with a release.
It's a folder README. fixed anyhow

> The source/ dir also has a set of 1.0.3 binaries, however these are
> not the same as the identically named files in
> http://people.apache.org/~mturk/daemon/binaries/1.0.3/

Again wrong upload. fixed.

> Is the code going to be released to Maven? If so, where are the artefacts?

Nope.

> It would be nice if the zip archives used CRLF line endings

-1. .zip is usable on platforms having broken tar like Solaris.
The files in windows/directory have CRLF

> It's difficult to reconcile the archives with the SVN tag, as the
> directory structure is rather different. Is it necessary to use a
> different structure? In particular, SVN uses the directory name "nt"
> whereas the archives use "windows", which is very confusing.

This is intentional. In future the nt will be renamed to
windows in SVN as well.

> Also, there's no details of how to build the native code in the archive itself.

Has nothing to do with a release process.
Someone will have to write that.

Regards
--
^TM