commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all] commons-parent-13 problems
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 18:06:03 GMT
On 2010-03-10 18:49, Gary Gregory wrote:
> [...]

You can, but you need to make sure that your code doesn't use features
that was introduced in a version of Java that is greater than the one
you are targeting. One way to this is to use a tool called Animal
Sniffer [1] to inspect your code and failing it if it find something
suspicious. I haven't yet used the tool myself.

[1] http://mojo.codehaus.org/animal-sniffer-maven-plugin/

>>> Also I noticed in the apache parent the following comment for the
>>> maven-javadoc-plugin:
>>>    "NOTE: 2.6.x is generally unusuable due to MJAVADOC-275"
>>>     http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-275
>>>
>>> So probably we should revert to 2.5 for the javadoc plugin
>>>
>>> Niall

>> --
>> Dennis Lundberg

Dennis Lundberg