commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [IO] Next version of IO - should this be 2.0?
Date Sun, 07 Mar 2010 15:28:20 GMT
On 2010-03-07 12:41, Niall Pemberton wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 12:15 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The trunk pom.xml refers to 1.5-SNAPSHOT, but it seems to me that the
>> next release should be 2.0 rather 1.5, as IO now requires Java 1.5,
>> that requires a major version change.
>
> The plan was to release it as 2.0 - but IMO its not a requirement.
>

>> Does that make sense?
>> If so, then the maven id can also be fixed (see IO-125).
>
> -1 - see comments on JIRA ticket

We need to make this switch sooner rather than later. Currently every
release with a groupId och commons-* requires manual work from the
people who manage Maven central repository. We're just about the only
Apache project left not using a groupId of org.apache.*.

We have previously said that we should make the switch to a groupId of
org.apache.commons when we do a major release. IMO we need to stick by
that decision.

> Niall

Dennis Lundberg