commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DAEMON] Procrun crash when stopping ProcrunService
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2010 01:03:19 GMT
> I've been testing Procrun JVM mode with the ProcrunService.java file
>  that I added to the sample directory recently.
>
>  Although it starts and stops OK, most times on stopping the service I
>  get a pop-up message which says:
>
>  Commons Daemon Service Runner has encountered a
>  problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the
>  inconvenience.
>
>  Is this a known problem?

I've started trying to look at this with the Windows debugger, but
it's a bit tricky without the symbol table - is that available from
somewhere?

Unfortunately I have been unable to build the Windows native code.
It does not seem to be compatible with MS Visual C++ 2008 Express, but
perhaps I'm not using the tool correctly.