commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject [DAEMON] Procrun documentation
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 19:13:12 GMT
As people may have noticed, I've been trying to update the procrun
documentation.

There are a few details that need clarifying:
- the Start/Stop mode can be jvm, Java or exe. What do these each do?

- how should a Java application be structured? I originally thought it
was the same as for jsvc, but that does not appear to be the case.

JSVC Direct mode requires the definition of the instance methods
init(String[]), start(), stop(), destroy().

Procrun by contrast requires static methods that take a (String[]) for
both start and stop commands. It does not seem to support an init()
method.

Does Procrun support Daemon mode? If so, how is it configured? I could
not get it to work with the SimpleDaemon example.