commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Daemon 1.0.3 based on RC2
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 11:26:57 GMT
On 16/03/2010, Mladen Turk <mturk@apache.org> wrote:
> On 03/16/2010 05:22 PM, sebb wrote:
>

> > The KEYS file is a bit old, but I assume it won't actually be used.
> >
> > Also, the source/ directory still has the 1.0.2 version in it, which
> > confused me a bit.
> >

>  This has nothing to do with a release.
>  It's a folder README. fixed anyhow
>

> > The source/ dir also has a set of 1.0.3 binaries, however these are
> > not the same as the identically named files in
> > http://people.apache.org/~mturk/daemon/binaries/1.0.3/
> >

>  Again wrong upload. fixed.
>

> > Is the code going to be released to Maven? If so, where are the artefacts?
> >

>  Nope.
>

> > It would be nice if the zip archives used CRLF line endings
> >

>  -1. .zip is usable on platforms having broken tar like Solaris.
>  The files in windows/directory have CRLF

Seems to me that this is penalising Windows users for bugs on other OSes.

Having the wrong EOLs on Windows makes it difficult to read the text
files, because they tend to show up as a single long line.

However, having an additional CR at EOL in Unix-like systems just
makes the file look a bit messy in an editor, and is generally
perfectly usable.

Obviously, files that are intended only for use on Unix should still
have EOL=LF.
Should be quite easy in this case, as the source files are in
different parts of the directory tree.