commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject [ALL] wrong implementation-vendor-id in source and javadoc jars
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 19:30:54 GMT
Commons-Parent defines

Implementation-Vendor-Id as org.apache

for the maven-jar-plugin.

However, this does not seem to be used when creating source:jar or javadoc:jar.

As far as I can tell, these rely on the "defaultImplementationEntries"
which include:

Implementation-Vendor-Id: ${pom.groupId}

However, the groupId is never set to "org.apache".
It might be "org.apache.commons" or it might be "commons-component",
however neither of these is correct.

So it looks like all commons javadoc and source jars will have the
wrong vendor id.
[The ones that have changed groupId to org.apache.commons will at
least be vaguely correct]

It looks like we need to add the following to the parent POM:

      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-source-plugin</artifactId>
        <configuration>
          <archive>
            <manifestEntries>
              <Implementation-Vendor-Id>org.apache</Implementation-Vendor-Id>
            </manifestEntries>
          </archive>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>