commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <GGreg...@seagullsoftware.com>
Subject [lang] LANG-607 StringUtils.containsAny methods incorrectly matches Unicode 2.0+ supplementary characters.
Date Sun, 14 Mar 2010 01:18:13 GMT
Hi All:

I just encountered an interesting issue while looking at the source for the JRE String class
and our own StringUtils class. In one method at least we are not accounting for Unicode supplementary
characters.

For details, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LANG-607 StringUtils.containsAny methods
incorrectly matches Unicode 2.0+ supplementary characters.

What I think this is fixed by [LANG-607] and is worth watching for in other methods and classes.

I am not sure if we need a ticket to cover a general survey for all of [lang] but at least
we know about it.

Gary Gregory
Senior Software Engineer
Seagull Software