commons-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] OSGI - POOL-160
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 13:13:06 GMT
I'm not a committer on commons, but I've diagnosed the issue we had in
ServiceMix with the commons-pool bundles.
I can confirm that the patch is the right way to go.   If a bundle
acting as a library imports its own exported packages, you're bound to
a lot of problems.

This problem applies to all releases of commons-pool and maybe to
other commons-xxx components.
I need to try if, but a better way might be to change the
commons-parent pom with something like:

    <commons.osgi.export>org.apache.commons.*;version=${pom.version};-noimport</commons.osgi.export>

This should work the same (i.e. not import our own exports), but be
applicable to all modules.

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 12:31, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can someone knowledgeable in OSGi header construction please have a
> look at POOL-160.  IIUC, this applies to all recently released
> commons components (unless [pool] is somehow individually borked).
>
> Thanks!
>
> Phil

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet