commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dimitri Pourbaix <pourb...@astro.ulb.ac.be>
Subject Re: [math] MATH-333 and 320 solved together?
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 07:23:55 GMT
Bill,

> Submitting patches in "diff -u" format helps a lot for committers to
> evaluate.  It doesn't look bad (but haven't run test on it) on a 5min review,
> but it will take a lot longer review before I can agree to commit the changes
> (just on weeding out what hasn't changed).

I agree that a patch would be easier.  However, in the case of EigenDecom-
position, the patch would have been way longer than the actual source as
the number of lines was shrunk from 1,900 lines to 600.  That is why Luc
suggested to attach the sources rather than the patch.

The patch is now also attached to MATH-333.

Regards,
  Dim.
Dimitri Pourbaix                         *
Institut d'Astronomie et d'Astrophysique *      Don't worry, be happy
CP 226, office 2.N4.211, building NO     *         and CARPE DIEM.
Universite Libre de Bruxelles            *
Boulevard du Triomphe                    *      Tel : +32-2-650.35.71
  B-1050 Bruxelles                        *      Fax : +32-2-650.42.26
http://sb9.astro.ulb.ac.be/~pourbaix     * mailto:pourbaix@astro.ulb.ac.be