commons-dev mailing list archives

From luc.maison...@free.fr
Subject Re: [all] Preparing for commons-parent pom release
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 08:29:20 GMT

----- "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> a écrit :

> I'd like to do a release of the commons-parent pom - primarily to
> upgrade to the latest commons-build-plugin 1.2 release.
>
> I have also upgraded the plugin versions and changed the "rc" &
> "release" profiles to now only produce the javadocs and not the whole
> site (this resolves a problem for multi-module components).
>
> Are there any other changes or feedback before calling a vote on
> this?

Do we consider the list of plugins defined in commons-parent fixed or could we extend it ?
For several components releases, I added myself checkstyle and findbugs checks and thought
it helped getting the component in better shape before release. If we decide to include it,
we should decide if we go with maven-checkstyle plugin 2.5, which uses checkstyle 5.0 or not.
The checkstyle rules configuration files need to be adapted and this requires Java 5.

Luc