commons-dev mailing list archives

From Niall Pemberton <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Lang 2.5 based on RC3
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:35:41 GMT
On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 7:28 AM, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1. Dist looks good. Sigs good, md5 good, clirr good, rat good,
> changes-report seems good.
>
> Site shouldn't be deployed imo - sites should be deployed from trunk
> instead of a branch (i.e. the 3.0 trunk is only going to get deployed
> on top anyway, and that would be bad because it doesn't have 2.5 in
> it).

I agree with you about deploying the site.

I have a few things to do if/when the 2.5 release is successful:
 * Add the @since 2.5 tags to the 3.0 code base
 * Port the site changes for 2.5 to the 3.0 site (download page, 2.5
release notes, links to 2.5 javadocs etc)
 * update fix version in JIRA for bugs fixed in 2.5
 * Deploy the 2.5 javadocs to http://commons.apache.org/lang/api-2.5/

Once I've done that then we can re-deploy the site from trunk.

Niall