commons-dev mailing list archives

From Niall Pemberton <>
Subject Re: [DAEMON] New release of daemon?
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 13:56:15 GMT
On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Mladen Turk <> wrote:
> I'll tag 1.0.2 and propose a vote this Friday (Feb 19th)
> Any objections?

I made a few minor changes to the maven/ant build files.

There are currently Ant, Maven 1 and Maven 2 builds for Daemon. I
think we should get rid of the Maven 1 build - as long as you're not
going to use that to create the release? I can do that if you're OK
with it.

Just wondering how you create the Daemon release - I guess you have to
generate the native bits, but then what? - do you use Ant or Maven to
package it up. Hopefully Maven 2, because thats set up to generate
some standard stuff for all components (use "mvn -Prc package"  or
"mvn -Prc install") - but the last release was before Daemon's Maven 2
build was there - I can help if you want but I guess the m2 build
(i.e.the bin.xml assembly descriptor) probably needs adjusting.