commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <billwbar...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Daemon 1.0.2 based on RC2
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 04:37:24 GMT

From: "sebb" <sebbaz@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 5:44 PM
To: "Commons Developers List" <dev@commons.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Daemon 1.0.2 based on RC2

> On 24/02/2010, Bill Barker <billwbarker@verizon.net> wrote:
>>

>>  --------------------------------------------------

The three Makefiles might be hand generated, and I can't be bothered to sift
through the Tomcat archives to find out.  I've added headers to them, but
they should be considered for removal, since I can't see that you would get
more than a partially functioning program if you used them.  Of course, they
build the deprecated Windows service wrapper, which should also be
considered for removal at some point.

The files under the procrun directory are generated by Microsoft Developer
Studio using the "Export Makefile" option.  They are just a machine
translation of the information in the corresponding .dsp file, provided to
allow someone to build procrun if they only have the MS-SDK installed
instead of the full Developer Studio.  As such, they can't be copywrited,
and would be impossible to maintain (since the header would get erased every
time they are updated).