commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Daemon 1.0.2 based on RC2
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 09:30:16 GMT
On 24/02/2010 09:05, Henri Yandell wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 1:00 AM, Henri Yandell<flamefew@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 12:52 AM, Bill Barker<billwbarker@verizon.net>  wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>> --------------------------------------------------
>>> From: "jean-frederic clere"<jfclere@gmail.com>
>>> Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 11:48 PM
>>> To:<dev@commons.apache.org>
>>> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Daemon 1.0.2 based on RC2
>>>
>>>> On 02/23/2010 09:02 AM, Mladen Turk wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Daemon RC2 fixes some minor distribution issues over the
>>>>> previous RC1 proposal.
>>>>>
>>>>> RC2 Release is here:
>>>>> http://people.apache.org/~mturk/daemon/
>>>>> Tag is here:
>>>>>
>>>>> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/daemon/tags/COMMONS_DAEMON_1_0_2_RC2/
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> If voted for a release the COMMONS_DAEMON_1_0_2_RC2 tag will
>>>>> be copied to COMMONS_DAEMON_1_0_2 and released as such.
>>>>>
>>>>> ---------------
>>>>> [X] +1  I support this release
>>>>
>>>
>>> Ok, so we have three people listed as developers for this project approving
>>> the release, including the author of the three remaining disputed files. Can
>>> we get a couple more votes, to actually release this?
>>
>> Is the objection to the -1 that the files should never contain the AL
>> header, or is the objection that it shouldn't be a release blocker?
>
> Scratch that - I see that the files have had headers added by Bill.
>
> Sebb - I don't think this is a release blocker. The three Makefiles
> are pretty piddly, and it's fixed for a subsequent version. Wondering
> if you can reconsider on your -1.

It doesn't matter. Releases can not be vetoed. Period.

At my count this release has three +1 votes and one -1 vote. That is 
sufficient for a release. It is up to the release manager to decide if 
the issues raised by the -1 vote are sufficient to stop the release or 
if they want to go ahead with the release. Unless I have completely 
misunderstood Mladen's views, he wants to go ahead with this and he now 
has the votes to do so.

Mark



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org


Mime
View raw message