commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Lang 2.5 based on RC2
Date Sun, 21 Feb 2010 20:25:22 GMT
Just wanted to test the RC, but I get the following test failure:

Test set: org.apache.commons.lang.time.DateUtilsTest
Tests run: 33, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.281
sec <<< FAILURE!
testParseDateWithLeniency(org.apache.commons.lang.time.DateUtilsTest)
Time elapsed: 0 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.text.ParseException: Unable to parse the date: February 942, 1996
	at
org.apache.commons.lang.time.DateUtils.parseDateWithLeniency(DateUtils.java:359)
	at org.apache.commons.lang.time.DateUtils.parseDate(DateUtils.java:285)
	at
org.apache.commons.lang.time.DateUtilsTest.testParseDateWithLeniency(DateUtilsTest.java:281)

This is a problem with the Locale. On my German system the month
"February" cannot be parsed. I had seen this problem in trunk and fixed
it a while ago. If you have a look at the corresponding test case, you
will see that the name of the month was replaced by the number. This fix
should probably be ported to the release branch, too.

Oliver