commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject [DAEMON] Release 1.0.2 snapshot available
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2010 10:10:47 GMT
Hi,

There is new version of Commons Daemon available for testing.
It's been really a long time since last release, so please take
a look.

http://people.apache.org/~mturk/daemon/

Few notes that are not currently in RELEASE-NOTES.txt but
I plan to put them in there if they get accepted.

* All distribution files are prefixed with
   commons-daemon-x.y.z where x.y.z represents the
   release version (1.0.2 currently)

* No more jsvc.tar.gz distribution
   Instead we have commons-daemon-1.0.2-native-src.tar.gz
   which contains jsvc and procrun code inside respective
   unix and windows sub directories.

* commons-daemon-1.0.2-bin.* package does not contain
   jsvc.tar.gz (This was source file anyhow) any more.

* Native binary packages are now named according to the
   following rule:
   commons-daemon-x.y.z-bin-PLATFORM[-CPU]
   I have currently created just linux-i386 and windows
   binaries (more to follow upon release)
   - commons-daemon-1.0.2-bin-windows.zip
     contains procrun binaries (first time shipped)
   - commons-daemon-1.0.2-bin-linux-i386.tar.gz
     contains jsvc binary
   - commons-daemon-1.0.2-bin-darwin-universal.tar.gz
     contains osx fat jsvc binary for i386, x86_64 and ppc

* Native source packages have LF line endings for jsvc
   and CRLF line endings for procrun

Plan is to propose this tag as a 1.0.2 version

Regards
--
^TM