commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lang] Preparing for a 2.5 release
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 16:16:19 GMT
I'll only say that not autoboxing by default is already over-paranoid
when you consider that you're usually talking about doing reflective
invocations, for which Objects (and therefore unboxing) are needed to
make calls with primitive arguments.  If you're talking about
compiler-level stuff, the RT check seems more in line.  But I don't
feel strongly enough about it to debate the issue.

br,
Matt