commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lang] Preparing for a 2.5 release
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 04:20:14 GMT
My general thinking is:

"+1, thanks for doing this"

mixed with:

"We now have two versions in development at the same time, we can no
longer just charge along coding - we need process"

Namely, do we put anything in 2.5 as long as it doesn't affect
backwards compat, do we keep adding enhancements, do we only do
bugfixes (or critical bugfixes)?

It starts to feel that we need to emulate Tomcat's methodology more of
working in trunk then voting particular patches back into the legacy
version.

Hen