commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Lang 2.5 based on RC1
Date Sat, 20 Feb 2010 18:49:09 GMT
On 19/02/2010, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> The last release of Lang was in March 2008 and there have been quite a
>  few bug fixes and enhancements since then. Many of the changes in the
>  current trunk which are compatible have been backported to the Lang
>  2.x branch to create this release.
>
>  [ ] +1 Yes go ahead an release based on RC1
>  [ ] -1 No, because...
>
>  Lang 2.5 RC1 is available for review here:
>   http://people.apache.org/~niallp/lang-2.5-rc1/
>
>  Maven artifacts are here:
>   http://people.apache.org/~niallp/lang-2.5-rc1/maven/commons-lang/
>
>  Details of changes since 2.4 are in the release notes:
>   http://people.apache.org/~niallp/lang-2.5-rc1/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>   http://people.apache.org/~niallp/lang-2.5-rc1/site/changes-report.html
>
>  I have tested this with JDK 1.3 & 1.4 using ant and JDK 1.5 & 1.6 using maven2.
>  (note JVMRandom tests failed for JDK 1.3 & 1.4 - but I re-ran a couple
>  of times and both passed)
>

>  The tag is here:
>   http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/lang/tags/LANG_2_5_RC1/
>
>  Site:
>   http://people.apache.org/~niallp/lang-2.5-rc1/site/
>  (note some *relative* links are broken and the 2.5 directories are
>  not yet created - these will be OK once the site is deployed)
>
>  Clirr Report (compared to 2.4):
>   http://people.apache.org/~niallp/lang-2.5-rc1/site/clirr-report.html
>
>  RAT Report:
>   http://people.apache.org/~niallp/lang-2.5-rc1/site/rat-report.html

There seem to be rather a lot of test failures in the Continuum build.
According to the test case these should only occur 1 in 1000 runs, but
they are occurring much more frequently than that. I don't know if
this is due to a test case error, or whether there is actually a bug.

I don't think this is a blocker, but perhaps someone else could have a
look and see if there is anything obvious that needs fixing.

Cannot do a formal test of the RC at present; but hopefully can run my
tests in about 24 hrs from now.