commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release DBCP 1.3/1.4 based on RC7
Date Sun, 07 Feb 2010 22:37:10 GMT
> Having corrected the problems identified with RC6 (unit test timing
>  errors, unnecessary trivial object caches, unnecessary mutability in
>  CPDS factories, incomplete fix for DBCP-8), I would like to move
>  forward with the release of DBCP 1.3/1.4.
>
>  As previously discussed, the only difference between
>  1.3 and 1.4 is that the 1.3 sources have been filtered to exclude
>  JDBC4 methods.  Version 1.3 is for JDK 1.4-1.5 and only builds under
>  one of these JDKs.  Note that to execute the 1.3 maven build under
>  JDK 1.4 you need a 2.0.x version of maven.
>
>  Here are the artifacts:
>
>  1.3 (JDBC 3) version:
>  http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/dbcp-1.3-rc7
>  http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/dbcp-1.3-rc7/site
>  http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/dbcp-1.3-rc7/maven
>  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/dbcp/tags/DBCP_1_3_RC7/
>
>  1.4 (JDBC 4) version:
>  http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/dbcp-1.4-rc7
>  http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/dbcp-1.4-rc7/site
>  http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/dbcp-1.4-rc7/maven
>  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/dbcp/tags/DBCP_1_4_RC7/
>
>  Release notes (common version, ships with both)
>  http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>
>  Votes, please. This VOTE will close 10-February-2010 19:00 GMT.
>
>  [ ] +1 Proceed with release

+1

All looks OK; both 1.4 and 1.3 build and test OK on Win/XP.

>  [ ] +0 OK
>  [ ] -0 OK, but I would prefer...

However, I'm not sure about the site: why does it have links to
Javadocs for 1.2.2 and especially why a link to Javadoc for
1.4.1-SNAPSHOT?

Are both sites going to be published?
If not, the links on the front page entitled "JavaDoc API documents"
and "org.apache.commons.dbcp" need to be adjusted to allow for both
versions.