commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <billwbar...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Daemon 1.0.2 based on RC1
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 03:51:21 GMT

From: "Phil Steitz" <phil.steitz@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 5:58 PM
To: "Commons Developers List" <dev@commons.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Daemon 1.0.2 based on RC1

> Mladen Turk wrote:
>> After a long time and many bug fixes we have new
>> Commons Daemon release candidate.
>>
>> RC1 Release is here:
>> http://people.apache.org/~mturk/daemon/
>> Tag is here:
>> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/daemon/tags/COMMONS_DAEMON_1_0_2_RC1/
>>

>> ---------------
>> [ ] +1  I support this release
>> [ ] +0
>> [ ] -0
>> [ ] -1  I oppose this release because...
>> ----------------
>>
>> Vote will close after 72 hours.
>>

>> Regards
>
> -1
>
> Per Sebb's and Niall's comments, license headers are required.

I've added the license headers to those two files. Will look for any others.

> The release notes also need to include a complete list of bug fixes
> since 1.0.2.  The link to the project JIRA is not good enough for
> this, as there is no report there detailing the bugs fixed in 1.0.2
> and the fix versions on resolved issues are generally missing in
> JIRA, so there is no way to get this info from JIRA directly.  Is
> there are changelog or status page anywhere that we can use to build
> a list of 1.0.2 resolved issues from?

I've added the list from Jira of bug fixes.  The jsvc part has a detailed
CHANGES.txt that seems to be up to date.  The procrun part could use one
(except that it has mostly been distributed from Tomcat for years, so it may
be in the Tomcat change log).  Except for sebb's Thread safety change (and
both jsvc and procrun access this on a single Thread), the Java portion is
largely unchanged since the project came to live in commons.