commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <>
Subject Re: New sandbox component: at-digester
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 19:47:37 GMT
On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 7:11 AM, Simone Tripodi <> wrote:
> Hi Jochen,
> sorry for the delay (I'm currently at office), I think it is better if
> we involve Rahul Akolkar (CC-ed in the mail): I'm an ASF committer but
> not a Digester neither Commons committer; in this scenario I propose
> to let the community express the opinion in having this new feature
> included in a next feature release, if they're interested I think it
> could be good investing efforts on it.

I've been traveling for a couple of weeks (and mostly offline), but
otherwise interested in these happenings.

As I mentioned when you posted your proposal initially (not in a
position to dig up a link to the archives), I think this feature has
good merits in certain usecases and could even be included in the
digester trunk when ready. Now that you have access to the Commons
sandbox, I think its best to work on a digester branch in the sandbox
(as suggested already by others) rather than treating it as a separate
component. Having said that, whatever works best for you is fine to
get the ball rolling here.

Finally, were you a Commons committer already, the sandbox branch too
would have been unnecessary (you could have worked on trunk itself).