commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: M2 SNAPSHOTS at repository.a.o WAS Re: FaltFile.jar @ users@commons.a.o
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 17:49:37 GMT

On Jan 6, 2010, at 9:00 AM, Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> Matt Benson wrote:

>>> Which should be definitely not there! Only official reelases can
>>> go to
>>> the
>>> repository.
>>>

>> Does "the repository" == the Nexus instance at repository.apache.org?
>> It's quite obviously intended to host SNAPSHOTs, so do we have a
>> communication problem here or am I unaware of a Commons protocol that
>> says either that publishing SNAPSHOTs is forbidden, or that
>> publishing
>> SNAPSHOTs of sandbox components is?
>
> For deployment to Nexus @ repository.apache.org to work the project
> needs to have the proper configuration for it. The easiest way is to
> have the project inherit from version 7 [1] of the Apache parent POM.
>
> The current commons parent POM inherits from Apache parent 4, which
> uses
> the "old" SNAPSHOT repository at [2].

Dennis:  I used a custom modification to the [flatfile] POM to do
this because I didn't want to incur the extra red tape of upgrading
the various commons parents.  We probably need to have the dialogue
whereby we switch all Commons to the Nexus install for the deployment
lifecycle, but my M-fu isn't up to being a key player here, I'm
afraid...

-Matt

P.S.  Thanks for weighing in on the kosher-ness of the published
[flatfile] SNAPSHOT.