commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] Dependencies after switch to 1.4
Date Sun, 03 Jan 2010 13:05:03 GMT
Henri Yandell schrieb:
> What would a dependency of 1.5 mean with regards to the Xerces dependency?
>
> You depend on Lang/Collections, and both are 1.5 dependent for their
> next version.

With 1.5 the Xerces dependency is no more needed.

There is some work going on for a Configuration 2.0 version which uses
Java 1.5. We have a branch for this project. So the idea is that 2.0
depends on Java 1.5 while the 1.x series remains on 1.4. Once 2.0 is
released, there should only be bug-fix releases for 1.x. However, I fear
there is still much work to do before 2.0 can be published.

Oliver