commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject [DBCP] Missing test cases - get rid of suite() and TestAll classes?
Date Sun, 17 Jan 2010 02:51:18 GMT
Just done a comparison of the tests run by Ant and Maven with the
number of Test*.java files and found several discrepancies, including
one test that was not being run by either:
TestDelegatingCallableStatement (that was my fault - oops!).

Seems to me that these discrepancies arose because of the practise of
listing all the tests by name, rather than including Test* and then
excluding any files that are abstract or don't contain test cases.

I think it would be a lot simpler to get rid of the TestAll.java files
and get rid of the suite() methods (unless a particular class needs to
run tests in a particular order).

This would make it easier to maintain the Maven and Ant builds.

WDYT?