commons-dev mailing list archives

From Niall Pemberton <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JEXL 2.0] o.a.c.jexl or o.a.c.jexl2 ?
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 10:15:29 GMT
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Niall Pemberton
<niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Niall Pemberton
> <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 2:25 PM, henrib <henrib@apache.org> wrote:
>>>

>>> One last thing, just to be safe; if I was to perform the serie of 'svn
>>> mv...' on the java files in the trunk, anything that currently depends upon
>>> JEXL's trunk would stop compiling.
>>>
>>> This would imply the gump/nightly commons builds that happily cope with the
>>> current JEXL trunk will fail forever (probably 47 projects...).
>>>
>>> How can I prevent this from happening?
>>> What's the procedure for this kind of "renaming project package" cases ?
>>> Should I create a "jexl2/" directory in svn ?
>>
>> You need two "gump" projects - 1 for JEXL-1 that points to the 1.x branch
>>
>>    http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/jexl/branches/1.x/
>>
>> ....and the other for JEXL-2 which points to trunk.
>>
>> Until theres a release of JEXL-2 then I doubt any projects will want
>> to move to the new API/package names. But once it has been released
>> then the gump descriptors for the dependant projects can be moved from
>> JEXL-1 to JEXL-2 as and when they upgrade to the use the new package
>> names.
>
> I have added a gump descriptor for JEXL 1.x that builds off the 1.x branch:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/metadata/project/commons-jexl-1.x.xml
>
> Once that builds OK and if/when the JEXL package re-name takes place
> then we can change the gump descriptors in dependant branches from
> commons-jexl to commons-jexl-1.x

JEXL 1.x is now (finally!) building OK in gump:

    http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/commons-jexl-1.x/commons-jexl-1.x/index.html

...and I switched ant-embed-optional, commons-jelly and jmeter over to
use JEXL 1.x

Ant is working OK, JMeter is no longer failing because of JEXL (now
something else) - but jelly doesn't seem to find JEXL 1.x - which I
have asked about on the gump list:

    http://markmail.org/message/7qchjrkizh5nfmlt

Niall