commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [lang] Generic object factories
Date Sat, 26 Dec 2009 23:55:15 GMT
Once upon a time, there was a commons sandbox project that held all
sorts of small interfaces just like this one. It was called commons-pattern.

It didn't suceed, because these interfaces really need to be provided by
the JDK and implemented by all the JDK classes to be successful. Beyond
that, it turned out to be better to have domain specific interfaces.

Thus, I would recommend stronlgy against having this in [lang]. Today,
[functor] and [collections] are the right places for this in commons -
[lang] doesn't have the necessary domain to back it up.

Stephen